Looking to sell or rent your home? No doubt your broker will have articulated the importance of home staging more than once or twice. Home staging is a branch of interior design that highlights a home’s best features and helps clients sell quickly at the best market price.
As interior designers, we dress your home for sale making the space feel larger, cleaner, brighter and more inviting from the inside out. We do this by:
– Eliminating distracting mess from all rooms and closets by encouraging clients to scale back, declutter and decide which household items have outlived their use.
– Removing personal items from the home such as family photos, religious or political iconography, or anything of an identifying nature so that buyers can imagine themselves living within the space.
– Re-designing spaces with new or pre-existing items to enhance the potential of the home as a whole. This can be as simple as re-arranging current furniture to increase the sense of space or by introducing new furniture to make core living areas feel more modern.
– Evaluating and prioritizing which repairs need to be made to the home’s exterior to improve “curb appeal” and the home’s interior to maximize desirability.
Allowing prospective buyers and renters to imagine themselves happily living in a space will increase their chances or purchasing or leasing. But what’s the advantage to using an interior designer instead of your ordinary home stager?
– Proper furniture placement is critical to a successful sales plan. As interior designers, this is our forte! With home staging, standard furniture placement rules apply just as they would any traditional interior design context. In fact, is home staging, you’re often outlining for buyers the ideal position of items throughout the space.
– Room flow is especially important when selling a home. Just as it can affect the comfort and energy of a room, improper flow can easily turn off buyers without them even realizing it. These subconscious impressions are often the difference between action and inaction! Feng Shui interior design has huge benefits within this context, too.
– Current trends are applied to both traditional design and home staging design plans. With home staging, these trends should be applied to the decorating components by a qualified interior designer rather than by altering permanent elements and fixtures. This helps minimize cost and maximize impact.
– A well thought out and cohesive plan will always create a warm and inviting space. Adding in elements of Feng Shui or Living in Place Design by a qualified interiors expert enhances the overall sense of unity and balance and nine times out of ten will result in a higher, faster sale.
Interested to learn more about how we can help you stage for a successful and profitable sale or rental? Set up a home staging consultation with us today!
Julie and her team have a passion for creating beautiful, engaging and functional spaces, focusing on both the physical as well as the emotional well being of your environment. Click on the links below for package details:
Whether it is directing the flow of chi through the arrangement of furnishings, design or colors; Julie and her team can help you to create the spaces that support your vision of a balanced life, rich in the areas that matter to you.