As a Feng Shui interiors expert, Certified Living-In-Place Professional (CLIPP), and lover of all things beautiful, I believe firmly in the notion that “your space reflects your life.” This applies to our homes, offices and immediate surroundings.
When working with clients, I expand this idea further by asserting that:
- We all deserve to live with beauty;
- We can nurture our souls by carefully balancing the Feng Shui elements;
- Everyone should have access lovely design; and
- We have a fundamental need to access living spaces that are safe and accessible (not only for ourselves, but to everyone that enters our home).
However, this is often more easily said than done. Too often we become blind to our immediate surroundings and can’t see how our living spaces are directly affecting our lives. It takes a conscious effort to open our eyes to the necessary changes we should be making to nurture and enhance our lives.
You can enhance the quality of your life with a few simple, but critical, tweaks:
- Declutter and declutter again! Throw out excess mail, papers, edit down that unsightly pile in the corner, and give your closet a refresh. Cluttered spaces become a repository for negative energy that can permeate all aspects of life.
- Surround yourself with items that bring joy and have positive meaning to you. Get rid of that memento from your ex-boyfriend! Nothing is valuable enough to make up for the bad energy.
- Incorporate design that will continue to serve you at all ages. This is where principles of Inclusive Design really come into play. Remember, safe design can be beautiful too.
- Never dismiss the transformative power of a fresh coat of paint.
- Enhance positive physical impact by emphasizing the five senses. Homes that look, sound, smell, taste and feel good will nurture your soul from inside out.
Consider working with an interior designer to best integrate elements of Feng Shui and Living-In-Place design for faster, more delicately interwoven results!
Julie and her team have a passion for creating beautiful, engaging and functional spaces, focusing on both the physical as well as the emotional well being of your environment. Click on the links below for package details:
Whether it is directing the flow of chi through the arrangement of furnishings, design or colors; Julie and her team can help you to create the spaces that support your vision of a balanced life, rich in the areas that matter to you.
A well designed environment boosts employees' performance, promotes efficiency and creates a comforting space for incoming clients.
There is no second chance to make a good first impression. When the time comes to sell or rent your home, ease the transition and maximize return by helping your home look its very best.
Universal Design is the concept of creating a thoughtful space for all people, regardless of their age, size or ability. Universal Design is a perfect design solution to pursue because of the comprehensive features that endure throughout a life span.