Crystals come in many forms and serve a variety of different functions, from decoration to healing and protection. The word “crystal” comes from the Greek word “krystallos” meaning “frozen light” – a thought-provoking origin, especially when you consider that within the context of Feng Shui, they have the sole function of producing good energy (or “chi”) within the home or office.
With so many contrasting crystals out there to choose from it can be hard to know which is “right” for you or your client. This blog serves as a simple guide to some of the popular crystals or “Feng Shui stones” at the center of this mysterious, and powerful tradition:
– Alleviate Anxiety with Amethyst: This deep violet crystal calms emotions and reduces anxiety. A study, workstation or office is the perfect location for this popular stress-reliever.
– Boost Love and Romance with Rose Quartz: Rose quartz crystals are used to attract romance and love, and help heal a broken heart. From a bagua perspective, I recommend placing two rose quartz hearts in the south west region of the home to promote happy, loving energies. The bedroom is a wonderful place for these popular romance boosters too (try one in each bedside drawer).
– Center Your Energy with Hematite: This dramatic grey/black crystal is used to ground and center energy. Place in the west bagua region of the home, or in a child’s bedroom to promote studious concentration.
– Protect Your Home with Tourmaline and Obsidian: Place these crystals both inside and outside your front door to benefit from their protective qualities. Remember, the energy of your front door creates a lasting first impression – and first impressions count!
– Promote Relaxation and Wealth with Kyanite and Citrine: Unlike other crystals, blue kyanite and citrine do not absorb negative energy. Blue kyanite is great for stress relief, while citrine is commonly used to attract wealth.
– Establish Harmony with Jade: Jade is the most ancient crystal within the classic Feng Shui world, and perhaps the foremost traditional Feng Shui crystal. Jade produces a soothing, renewing energy and improves health/harmony within the family.
Cleansing crystals is of crucial importance – first when you purchase them and then ongoing. Crystal cleansing effectively “resets” their vibration to be receptive to new homes and new owners. In addition to cleansing, crystals should be treated in a gentle, respectful manner – like most in life, you only get out what you put in! Most crystals are very affordable and easy to purchase online.
The healing energy from natural crystals will protect your family and clients for years to come – in that sense, they truly are the gifts that keep on giving.